London is a city built on trade, from the artists selling their work in Camden to the foreign exchange traders in the City. In this game teams must scour London’s markets, buying and selling, for maximum profit.
Each team starts with a £100 budget, a shopping list and a case containing a series of apparently random items. Within four hours* they must buy the items on their shopping list, sell the contents of their case and return to the start with a cash profit.
*Times can be varied to suit the client’s agenda
- Highly Competitive
- Group size from 6 to 60
- Negotiation, teamwork, planning and prioritising skills are brought to the fore
- Designed to suit analytical, creative and extrovert characters alike
- Bonds people from across the organisation
- Great for visitors to London
- Excellent for a morning team-building session
- Creative problem solving
- Research into items for sale
- Negotiation and bargaining skills
- Finding the best items, prices, and travel routes
This event can be run throughout the year and works particularly well as a morning event.
09.00 – Meet for a briefing and to collect items and shopping lists. Teams plan strategies and start research
09.30 – Teams race off to the markets to catch the early bargains
11.15 – Mid-morning coffee and snacks at Borough market
12.45 – Teams return to pre-arranged venue to add up their takings, display their wares and declare the winners!