Along with the 15 million people who have bought the book, we love Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. We also firmly believe in experiential learning and so we’ve selected the following 7 training exercises to bring each habit to life and help to turn Covey’s ideas into behaviours.
If the exercises aren’t familiar to you and you’d like some trainer notes, click here to make a request.
- Be proactive – Talent bingo, use specially created bingo cards to encourage mixing in your group whereby students must work the room to fill their card.
- Begin with the end in mind – Egg drop, using just drinking straws and a length of duct tape prevent an egg from breaking when dropped from 2 meters.
- Put first things first – respond to a Disaster Scenario prioritising what to keep and what to do.
- Think win-win – Sweet exchange, negotiate with other teams to collect a valuable set of sweets.
- Seek first to understand – Circle of Questions, listen to the same question answered in different ways to build deeper relationships.
- Synergise – Team Juggling, achieve the impossible by working together.
- Sharpen the saw – Observed Feedback, conclude these exercises by giving and receiving constructive observations from peers.