A lively challenge that requires the team to think and work creatively within a short period of time, before presenting their results for all to see.
Teams can produce a short film either about their organisation or as an advert for a new product or for an entirely fictional device or brand.
- Demonstrates the creative power of teams
- A highly effective way to help teams embrace change
- The finished films can be used after the event
- Suits groups from 6 to 600
- Can work in any location, worldwide
- Highlights individuals’ talents
Light, Camera, Action! Team Building Activities
This film-making team building activity enables participants to play to their strengths; in front of or behind the camera, editing or script writing.
- Creative thinking
- Considering how to convey a message
- Sourcing locations and props
- Script writing
- Planning the shoot using storyboards
- Filming and editing
- Acting and performing
- Managing, time, talent and resources
This event can be run at any time of day, all year round. We simply require a briefing area and spaces where teams can work on their storyboard, plan, film and edit. We use iPads so there’s no need for cumbersome cameras and edit suites. The activity can fit inside a 2 hour time slot but 3 hours is optimal.
14.00 – Introduction and sample films
14.10 – Briefing
Teams are briefed on the subject and duration of their film.
14.20 – Planning
Teams begin by considering their primary message. This should generate the script and storyboard.
15.00 – Filming
With their iPad and props, teams visit various filming locations to record their scenes.
15.30 – Editing
Editing and adding music, captions and special effects.
16.00 – Break
Teams take a break while their films are cued for playback.
16.15 – Film Show
Each team introduces and shows their film.
16.45 – Winners Chosen
Scoring and presentation of prizes/Oscars.
17.00 – Close