It’s not much fun waking up early and joining the crowds to return to work on a cold January morning.
So here are five ideas to welcome and motivate your team at the start of the New Year:
- Restate the vision: the best teams share the same goals and values, so be sure your team knows where they are headed and why.
- Shout about the good news: don’t let the January blues get to your team, publicise all the good stuff that’s happening in your organisation, sector and city.
- Celebrate what’s good about 2012: the Olympics in London, Spring getting closer, new products in the pipeline.
- Innovate together: after a break our minds are fresher and the ideas will flow. Create some time to be imaginative as a team before the routine takes over.
- Book a team away day in the diary: now that the Christmas party is a fading memory set the date for your next team event.